Challoner Update – 11th June 2019
Our newsletter for Challoner’s Alumni, Business and Community network members regarding alumni news, business network offers and updates, and community events and networking opportunities. As always, please feedback and let us know your thoughts and ideas.
Dates for your diary
- New parents evening on Wednesday 3rd July.
- The School’s wonderful Summer Serenade takes place on Thursday 4th July. Details and tickets can be found here.
- The Challoner Beer Festival and Fun Day (Sunday 7th July) is fast approaching. Tickets available online for a full day of festivities, activities, and munchies. Tickets available online here.
We are always looking to share news, photos, and stories from past pupils and staff on our social media channels. We are also building our online archive – but we need your help. Please contact us below if you have any relevant material and we will be in touch.
We are delighted to announce some upcoming events for our past and present pupils and staff.
- Challoner Golf Day – Sunday 29th September 2019 – date to be confirmed. A chance to bring our Challoner ABC network together. A joint event for the Alumni, Business and Challoner networks. More details to follow.
- Challoner’s 60th Anniversary Alumni Event – Saturday 14th March, 2020 – date to be confirmed. More details to follow.
Business Network News
Our network of local businesses meet every half term to network and support the school with initiatives, offers and donations. Take a look at all our wonderful members here. UPdates from our members include:
- Drury Coffee have kindly donated their time and profits to the school with every coffee and tea purchased at the upcoming Beer Festival and Fun Day. We’re very much looking forward to tasting their Iced Lattes!
- Iceland Traveller are an awarding independent local travel agency specialising in trips to Iceland. Iceland Traveller will be providing competition prizes at the Challoner Beer Festival on Sunday 7th July.
- BeesMax, a not-for-profit organisation with the sole aim of reversing the decline fo the bee population int the UK, are looking for businesses and homes to host or adopt a hive. Have a look at their wonderful programme and contact them directly here. Honey from BeesMax will be on sale at the Alumni and Business Network tent at the Beer Festival and Fun day on Sunday 7th July.
Please do let us know if you would like to join our Challoner Business Network. We meet once every half term and support local businesses, the school and wider community.
- The Challoner Lotto is all the talk with the PTA. Exciting news and updates to follow.
- The PTA have their Extraordinary meeting next week. Details will follow.
- We are also excited to be developing the PTA pages on this website so that you can keep up-to-date with meetings, events and news. Please use our contact page if you would like to get involved with the PTA activities.
Please do post a comment below to feedback.