Beer and Food Festival
- Richard Challoner School
- July 1, 2018
- Sunday, 12PM to 6PM
- free Adult Free Entry 30 remaining
- free Child (15-17) Free Entry 22 remaining
- free Child (<15) Free Entry 8 remaining
We are hugely excited to promote our inaugural Challoner Beer and Food Festival to be held at Richard Challoner School on Sunday 1st July.
An array of local beers from local breweries, food, refreshments, music bands, and lots of entertainment will ensure this event will be one for all in the local community, past and present students and staff, and friends of the school, to join us for an enjoyable, relaxed, and entertaining day.
Doors open: 12 noon
Doors close: 6pm
Cost: Free tickets but registration is required. Please register by clicking ‘BOOK TICKETS’ button on this page.
- The Park Brewery – Lovely owners who have been willing to support us from the start. Just 4.1 miles from school with beers named after places in nearby Richmond (social media: Facebook | Instagram).
The two beers they are showcasing on the day are:
- Killcat Pale Ale: 3.7%
- Summer Pale: 3.7%
- Wimbledon Brewery – Amazing support in helping us with this festival. Just 5.3 miles from school. (social media: Facebook | Instagram). The three beers they are showcasing on the day are:
- Common Pale Ale: 3.7%
- SW19 Summer Ale: 4%
- Copper Leaf Ale: 4%
- Twickenham Fine Ales – 7.5 miles from school and London’s oldest micro-brewery (social media: Facebook | Instagram). The three beers they are showcasing on the day are:
- Summer Sun: 4.4%
- Grandstand: 3.8%
- Redhead: 4.1%.
- Reunion Ales – 7.6 miles from school and an ideal beer for our Alumni contingent (social media: Facebook | Instagram). The three beers they are showcasing are:
- Opening Gambit: 3.8%
- Talwar: 4.5%
- Tiger Hill: 4.0%
- By The Horns Brewing Co. – 5.4 miles from school and brewing only the best craft beer with all the finest natural ingredients (social media: Facebook | Instagram). The beer they are showcasing is:
- Giggle Mug: 3.5%
Beers will be sold at £2 per half pint and £3.50 per pint. Please ensure you bring cash on the day – we will have a card machine but cash might speed up payments for food, glass deposit and if queues for the card payment become apparent on the day.
We will give you a plastic pint glass on arrival. Deposit of £1 to encourage you to return to us for reuse and recycle.
Food and alternate drinks
- Hog Roast
- South African food stall (to be confirmed)
- Burgers for the hungry
- Pimms and Prosecco tent
- Soft drinks and water
- Music from 3 bands playing slots throughout the day
- Old Boys Football tournament (£40 per 7-a-side team, league format. Payed on school MUGA)
- Children’s entertainment – various sports equipment available
Limited parking onsite so please plan to not park on the school premises for this event.We appreciate your understanding.
Malden Manor train station is directly across the road from the school should you wish to take advantage of the wonderful ale on sale at the festival.